Topic: Gosheven - Feral Druid

Vorkalgar wrote:

1. State your character's Name, Race, Class, and Role.
     Gosheven, Worgen feral druid, main spec kitty, though i know how to tank very well too.

2. Why do you want to join SPG?
     You guys seem to progress, and know what you are doing, and i've spoken with one of your members and he was very  nice and helpful. That is what i seek in a guild.

3. Please list all previous guilds/servers and your reason(s) for leaving each.

With this druid i have only been in 2 guilds so far, and i've only raided with one of them. French connection was the one i raided with, and it broke down. Then i joined Prime with whom i raided with my warlock, but due to attendance issues we had a really hard time progressing on HMs in BWD/BoT, and although i've been there with them for 4 nights/week wiping sometimes for 4 hours and researching to make sure my lock stayed at its top, i had to sit out for the first firelands nights because all the older members who left wanted to try it again. Plus, on those 2 nights so far there was not a single sign of progression and they still have to down one boss. In these conditions i would rather find myself a new home than to sit there and wait for a potential place in that group.

4. What is your endgame raiding experience?
    I have fully cleared BWD, BoT and TotFW as both a tank/melee dps and as a ranged dps, and with my warlock i have experienced 5 cleared HMs plus many unsuccessful attempts on V&T. As of wrath, i cleared ICC 10 reg and half of it in HM back in wrath raiding gear/lvl. I have also fully cleared 10/25 ToC, 10 ulduar and 10/25 man naxx and EoE. In BC, i only did karazhan, magtheridon's, gruul's, ZA and trash in Sunwell, and i did not play yet in vanilla.

5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?
     I am.

6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y … ven/simple

7. What, if any, entertainment value do you offer?

Really, once i get used to the people, i tend to joke around a lot, although i have a somewhat special sense of humor, and i like to laugh at myself a lot, usually it makes people smile.

8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.
     I use either my own Skewered eels and flask of the winds when there are no cauldrons/feasts, and i have potions of tol'vir for crucial moments during the fights, although i sometimes used potion to run faster when a fight called for it. The reason to these consumables is very simple; AGILITY tongue

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from ElitistJerks, etc.

My role as a kitty is to first and foremost, DPS, all while not getting hit by unecessary damage or mechanics, as a cat i also have a ton of ways to increase my speed and movement capacity so that gives me an extra role on some fights. I keep myself up to date, reading about what was changed in previous patches, and i like to read on EJ and mmo champion as well as other forums to learn about overall what stat is a priority, on what proportions and all. Although, i leveled this guy from level 10 as a feral druid, especially to get to learn my rotations by myself, so i do not read much when it comes to my spec or rotation. I experiment with dummies, and itemization.  As of my rotation, i start off with feral charge, which grants me a free ravage with increased crit chance that does not require stealth. Then i put up mangle and rake, if i have 5 points i put up rip, if i dont i use shred once and then i put up rip. As soon s rip is up i pop tiger's fury for extra energy and spam shred in order to have another quick 5 points which i use for my savage roar. from then on i priorize keeping up my bleeds, which means i use rake as soon as it ticks off, and i use my combo points to refresh my rip when i need to. Although, as of the last patch ferocious bite as been drastically increased and i use my glyph of shred to make rip last longer, so i can pop in a ferocious bite in between 2 rip refreshes. my other major glyphs are rip, for increased damage and tiger's fury, for smaller CD. As of my major glyphs, i use rebirth, for obvious reasons, faerie fire and barkskin because altough these are very situationnal, there's nothing else that's worth it. My mastery is my best secondary stat for the simple and good reasons that bleeds are nearly 40% of my dps, so that's why i prioritize them over anything else in my rotation.

10. Our raiding schedule is 9:00pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?

Yes, i can be there every night.

11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.
     I'm a 20 years old student, currently seeking a job and completing college classes by mail in order to hopefully go to university in the fall of 2012. I'm a guy and I enjoye playing wow or soccer, i don't go out so much and yea, i guess you'll get to know me if i ever join. tongue

12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.
http://imageshack.us/f/713/wowscrnshot050611180036.jpg/    please note that these screenshots were taken as i was on a dummy and had less gear than right now, so the numbers on the recount are not quite accurate.

13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.

From what i could see on world of logs the top 3 druids are between 30k and 32k on a fight like magmaw, which is pretty movement free for a melee dps, on a fight like that, that doesnt require me to move, i reach between 18k and 21k usually, with considerably less gear than them. As of a fight that requires movement and target switching and all i looked up Nefarian and the top 3 druids are between 21k and 24.5k, on a movement heavy fight i usually stand around 15k. As of now i do not have any logs of my druid, since the few raids i did on him i would tank, but i'm ready to be trialed anytime you guys feel necessary, if you are interested.

14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?
     I learn fast, and i have already looked up the first 4 fights of reg Firelands. I hope to hear from you guys some time soon!

You've just been Avyxducated.

Re: Gosheven - Feral Druid

ST: TNG fan?

No se pare en el fuego, puto.

Not really, to be honest i never really watched any star trek. lol

Mr.Druidman, for those who wonder. You know, the guy who keeps dying on trash?

Your UI needs one hell of a makeover if the quarterback is ever going to ask her to prom, but I've seen uglier on good players.  As long as you can stay out of fire with all that noise, it doesn't bother me.  It's not like I have to look at it!

You answered every question in its entirety, which is a feat in itself, and given the little I know about kittying, your gear makes sense.  You're also fully gemmed/enchanted/professioned, which is another rare feat, and a treat for me.

I try to approach these applications looking for something to yell and be grumpy about, but you're making it tough.  Quit being twenty years old, it makes me uncomfortable that you're younger than my little sister.

Oh, and you should probably watch more Star Trek.

I am like a dark gift from the Night Mother herself.

Someone who could actually use leather. . . .

I like it when things hit me.

Nothing new to say.

Your UI is a little cluttered, but if it works for you, sure.
Finish up LWing so you get your perk!

I'm working on that right now as we speak as of my UI, i changed my reoslution and cleared it a LOT today, but yea it works for me.

8 (edited by Barretta 2011-06-30 19:20:21)

Voyager!

Also here is an amazing druid addon. (Technically it works for everyone now.)  http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/droodfocus/
I think it has way too much stuff out of the box and thus turned off a lot but once you get it set, man is it nice.

Also, also I'm glad you don't subscribe to the "Don't hit or expertise cap" school of thought.  Those druids make me :_(

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1606/barettasigmmochamp.jpg

Do you tank and DPS with that same helm/chest?

I do, it had different gems and reforge back when i was an all time tank, but with this gear if i lose some stam, my dodge is even better because of all the agi, i mainly tank Zandalaris tto be honest.

Talk to me in game if you can find me. I probably won't be on much until Sunday night though...

Kanede

Happy to accept your application, Mr. Druid Man.  We're usually on less frequently between Thursday and Sunday, since it's the weekend and we don't raid at all, but I'll try to pop on and chill for a little bit later on tonight so I can invite you, if you're around.  Otherwise, just ceaselessly bug anyone in the guild who's online until they make one of us log on.

By the way, get used to being referred to as Mr. Druid Man, because your name is a mouthful and I'm lazy.

Alright, i'm really glad you guys decided to have me, i'll try to be on sunday on the afternoon, although at 7 server time i'll have to go to a relative's funeral service so i might not be on for an hour and a half or so, but after that i'll be good for every raid night.  Also, i might have forgotten to mention it, but i'm a french canadian, so i have quite a funnt accent once i decide to talk on vent.

zomg! being French Canadian changes everything in Q's eyes! jkjk.

Quetzal wrote:

By the way, get used to being referred to as Mr. Druid Man, because your name is a mouthful and I'm lazy.

I prefer to think of him as Mr. Leather Man. smile

I like it when things hit me.

Avyx wrote:

zomg! being French Canadian changes everything in Q's eyes! jkjk.

It's true that I have had universally bad experiences with french canadians.  Maybe you can break the curse!