Topic: How to Apply! (OLD DO NOT USE)

Copy/paste and fill this out, then send it as a PM to Kelethar (if for any reason you need your app to remain private, please indicate it in the first line of the PM with a reason why). Make sure you spend some time on it. Taking less time to write the answers than it took me to write the questions is not good.

Note: If you get some type of error stating "Unable to confirm security token", press Submit again. Not cancel.

ALSO NOTE:  QUESTIONS ARE NOT FUCKING OPTIONAL

1. State your character's Name, Race, Class, and Role.

2. Why do you want to join SPG?

3. Please list all previous guilds/servers and your reason(s) for leaving each.

4. What is your endgame raiding experience?

5. Are you able to use Mumble to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?

6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.

7. What, if any, entertainment value do you offer?

8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from ElitistJerks, etc.

10. Our raiding schedule is 9:00pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?

11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.

12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.

13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.

14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?

Re: How to Apply! (OLD DO NOT USE)

Lucedes, human warlock, dps

2. What are your goals?  Why do you want to join SPG, and what specifically are your plans for your raiding future?

well, i would like to go "farther" into the game, and see more content

kermit, and profit

everything in wotlk

5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?
yea

6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee … ;n=Lucedes

i'm funny

8. We demand a high level of preparedness from every player who attends a raid.  This includes having full consumables (flasks or elixirs, food, potions) stocked for the entire raid, researching every encounter fully beforehand, and being up to date on theorycrafting relevant to your class/role.  What specifically would you do to prepare yourself before and between raids?

i get all my flasks, food, and all the soul shards i can get

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ.  Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about.

first i put up CoE, then immolate, then chaos bolt, then conflagrate, then incinerate as the filler. then rinse and repeat ( minus the CoE)

10. Our raiding schedule is 7:15pm-11:00pm Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)? no

11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.
i'm a 17 year old male and i'm funny

12.  While we are a casual guild in terms of raid schedule, our members take their raid time very seriously.  As such, occasionally if you make a dumb mistake or screw up something easy, some of our more vocal members (officers and raid leaders included) might say some rather unflattering things about you over vent.  How would you respond to this?

i'd take it, and try to do better next time

13. What sort of machine/connection do you raid on?  Specific machine specs and connection speed would be nice, but if you don't know them, a general idea of your fps and latency in intensive raid situations will suffice.
   usually about 30-35 fps and under 200 latency

14. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2826/wow … 011000.jpg

15. Is there anything else you feel we should know, relevant to your application?
ima boss

YES!

First tardface persecution of the new forums!

No se pare en el fuego, puto.

Hahahahahaha

http://i.imgur.com/QHWtj.gif

yea hes a retard

lucedes wrote:

yea hes a retard

I'm confused. Split personality much....

Argus, NE, Drood, Melee DPS/Tank

2. What are your goals?  Why do you want to join SPG, and what specifically are your plans for your raiding future?

Progression, fun, comradeship and pizza w/beer. Specifically; Progress through all new content.

Present: Anarchic; nice bunch of folks, very casual though. Past: Eitrigg server. Carpe Incursio.  Moved from the west coast to the east coast, wanted an east coast server (lag kills!). Carpe Incursio has since passed on into oblivion... much like the many before them that /failed on Archimonde (yes, I said it!!!) or further back into T5/4/3/2/1 instances.. ;-)

Ulduar 25 (a couple hard modes but not much :-/ ), Hyjal, BT, Not much Sunwell :-/, SSC/TK (Never killed Vashj or Kael), All T4 instances, No vanilla Naxx :-/ but some MC/BWL and AQ20/40.

5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?

Amigad.. what is this ventrilo thing of which you speak? ;-) lol.. of course.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee … Arg%C3%BBs

Retired US Navy. If that's not entertainment enough... sod off! ;-)

8. We demand a high level of preparedness from every player who attends a raid.  This includes having full consumables (flasks or elixirs, food, potions) stocked for the entire raid, researching every encounter fully beforehand, and being up to date on theorycrafting relevant to your class/role.  What specifically would you do to prepare yourself before and between raids?

Same as I do all the time, every time. I'm a raider. I know the drill.  I view this game as a hobby, and like any hobby... you want to be very good at it. Anything less.. well, you may as well not do it.

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information on ElitistJerks or some other site.

Good Lord... want a stool sample, too? ( I keed, I keed!)  Ok, so... The obvious answer would be to maximize the effciency and effectiveness of the raid - which includes myself. I'm constantly tweaking gear and specs, talking to other ferals, looking at sites like the Ensidia (or EJ) site for more/up to date information/technique. The caveat to all of the theorycrafting is that some of it is a matter of opinon.. rather than an absolute. My take is; you can always do better.. but how you do that isn't necessarily up to someone else (EJ, etc) to figure out. I know my rotations, so I won't bore you with them.. unless you want me to do it naked. ;-) Get me in a raid, and then you can tell me if I know what I'm doing or not.

10. Our raiding schedule is 8:15pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?

Nope. Yep.

Turn ons and turn offs, too? ;-)  I just turned 46. Live with it. I'm a male. Live with that, too. Engineer by trade, jet engines are my thing. I'm basically just a high tech gear head that likes too many things to list here... and of course... being retired Navy... I'm into all things in and of the sea. Except for pirates. Fuck them. They're way overdone. ;-)

12.  While we are a casual guild in terms of raid schedule, our members take their raid time very seriously.  As such, occasionally if you make a dumb mistake or screw up something easy, some of our more vocal members (officers and raid leaders included) might say some rather unflattering things about you over vent.  How would you respond to this?

If I fuck up, Im usually the first one to say it... and the hardest on myself. Ive been called out by Admirals to my face... you think anything here is gonna bother me?  /gigglefart ;-)

13. What sort of machine/connection do you raid on?  Specific machine specs and connection speed would be nice, but if you don't know them, a general idea of your fps and latency in intensive raid situations will suffice.

Machine is decent enough. Dual core AMD 4 gigs of ram.. ATI HD4890 vid board.. one of the best.

14. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.

I will if you want meh. ;-)  I use the standard things like Bartender, DBM, Recount, Omen, etc. Nuttin fancy.. it works.

15. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why?

I suppose if I'm lower than what the current standard is for any given encounter... then its a gear/lag/RNG issue. I look at my numbers, but the bottom line is a boss kill. I'm not into epeen.

16. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?

Former guild leader for two years/guild officer, etc, etc. Former Navy leader. I bring many things to the table. You want me. You know you do. ;-)

8 (edited by Nooj 2009-10-30 13:46:42)

Mmm...good times.  Re-read (or Read, if you skipped over it) the very first sentence in Helliax's post (where you got the template from).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZSg2jhUT-kc/T2Z7EsdunPI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/Y7bJwzYuskY/s1600/mr-chow.gif
Dismissive wank gif.  Your argument is invalid.

Who unlocked this thread...

Also, when you're re-reading the instructions and mailing your app off to Helliax, it would be a great idea to actually answer questions 8, 9, 14, and 15, lest someone think you just decided they were optional, which would absolutely not be the case.

http://imgur.com/jY3qk.gif

Failure to follow simple directions don't bode well for an applicant.

Also, stop closing the damn topic.  It stays open for a reason.

Actually, I did read read the top on how to post; I just misunderstood it and thought perhaps you were kidding. I took what was said about "Helliax a PM" and thought, for some reason that you meant to send him a tell, or.. private message.. in game.

I actually chuckled a bit, and posted my response as I would have normally... in reply to this thread. That's what I'm used to seeing.

- Big A

Well . . .

Just for the record:

We aren't kidding about how to apply.  We aren't kidding about the need for full answers on 8, 9, or 15.  We aren't kidding about posting a screenshot of your UI, as asked for in question 14.

I am kind of surprised that the whole row of applications posted by Helliax and the relative absence of applications here didn't tip you off.

Yeah, this thread was re-opened by me for a reason: to catch people who don't read. It doesn't catch everyone though, and occasionally we'll still get people who don't show up to the first raid because they don't know what time our raids are. Hilarious.

Also, it looks like you reported your own post instead of deleting it the first time.

Helliax - He uses you and then he throws you away. Like a wet towelette after a delicious lobster meal.

Quite frankly I didn't look at other responses to this thread, and took the posts by Helliax as a matter of repost/sanitization before officer/guild review. The process could well have been; post, review/repost, delete of original post.

As far as content of my replies on those specific items is concerned, if you want the Romper Room responses, I'll give it to you... but at this level of play, I feel its a little sophomoric to require them.

Apologies -

Big A

Your first response to your screw up:

Yep. Got it. Different than I'm used to seeing is all.

Flame away, flamesters! I got big (fuzzy) shoulders.. ;-)

- Arg

Interesting to see how the excuse not only changes, but it gets more and more defensive.

Helliax - He uses you and then he throws you away. Like a wet towelette after a delicious lobster meal.

Yeah, sorry... I guess I did get a bit defensive, and of course it was my fuckup that originally got us on this now bad note...

So again - my apologies, best of luck to you all.

Take care.

Big A

Toons name:
Tender  Dranei Resto Shammy

Goals: and why i wanta join SPG: which guild was i in:
T10 and what ever catyslm brings on! ran toc25 with yall and i like how yall ran shit!Twilight guardians reason i left is no raiding!

my exp:
hmm Naxx 10/25 toc 10/25 ony 10/25 uldar 10 and have done icc 10/25 rep runs

do i got ventrio:
yeppers and my addons are pitbull,healbot,bartender,DBM

armory dealy:
hmm this some crazy shit i tried looking up my alt on it and cant find it and wow-heroes has no direct link for it

entertainment:
love to BS love to drink while i play

preparidness:
yep i gotz it

my healing style:
before we start i pop earth sheild on MT about 2 secs into fight i pop riptide and then i worry about the OT and other melees if they take damage i pop chain heal when MT gots about 2 earth sheild orbs i pop it again and continue with chain heal around melee if ranged dps takes damage i pop riptide if they continue to take alot of damage i use healing wave HEALBOT helps alot. Totems i use rlly depends usually use sterngth of earth,flametounge.mana spring.wrath of air totem.
My gear enchants extra i jus follow maxdps.com

can i make da raids:

Sunday Monday sure wendsday kinda iffy

about me:

21 male got out of military 2 months ago i love to drink and love finer women more then that i dont no why i play this game but shit happens,

would i get pissed if i got called out:

naww because if they fuked up i would be like wtf also. people need to be called out so they no they doing something wrong!\

my computer:

hmm a brand new one that cost me 1000$ bucks dual preocesser hmm it looked badass so i bought it runs on windows 8

pics of my Ui:
hell i dont no how to do that shit i went to print screen ect but didnt work for me : ( but i got healbot,bartender titan panel and pitbull for my UI

Mmm...yummy...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZSg2jhUT-kc/T2Z7EsdunPI/AAAAAAAAA1Y/Y7bJwzYuskY/s1600/mr-chow.gif
Dismissive wank gif.  Your argument is invalid.

Waking up in a bad mood, I got excited when I saw that I had an opportunity to ridicule someone...then I saw the app and realized that it would be about as productive as explaining the theory of relativity to my dog.   sad

fake?

English is a language comprised entirely of exceptions to rules, and almost no one knows how to convince another person to care about the rules if they don't already.  I don't give a fuck about your rules.

soooo goooooood

http://i.imgur.com/QHWtj.gif

Sinnaris, Draenei, Death Knight, DPS/OT

My goal is to become a valued member of a well functioning guild, successfully raid end-game content, and to generally just have fun playing WOW with some cool people. I would like to join SPG because your raid times are good, you seem to be and knowledgeable and good guild, also you don't seem to be Elitest  jerks lol.

I am currently on the server Gorefiend. I have been apart of Dressed to Kill. GM went crazy and stole everything from Gbank then quit and things fell apart. I was in HAVOC but GM had irl problems, left and no leadership was established so things didnt work out, we stopped raid and such. No guild currently

10/25 Naxx cleared
10/25 Ony cleared
10 Uld thru Keepers
25 Uld thru Yogg
10/25 TOC cleared
10/25 TOGC 3/5 (no one does this much on my dead server)
10 ICC 6/12
25 ICC 4/12

Yes

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee … n=Sinnaris

Im a laid back easy going guy. cool to talk to. i crack a random joke every now and then. ya try to keep thing light smile

I have never came to a raid without plenty of Flasks and Food made up, and im always willing to drop a feast for the group. When i have time I am always watching tankspot videos and reading up on new thing for DKs i read a lot of Elitestjerks.com.

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information on ElitistJerks or some other site.

Well, im always searching to find the most up to date and best spec for my class, searching different sites and such. At the moment im an Unholy spec 17/0/54
My single target rotation: IT,PS, BS,SS,BS, RP(DC) SS,BS,SS,BS,RP(DC)
AOE rotation: IT,PS,PEST,D&D,RP(DC),SS,PEST,BB

10. Our raiding schedule is 8:15pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Wednesday, Sunday, and Monday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?

The times are good for me.. may have an occasional wife aggro tho.

Well, My name is Logan. I am 21 years old. I have recently gotta married to my wife Christina, Jan. 15th of this year. I work at Teledyne Tech. I build computer chips for the military. but in school to become a police officer. I live in the small town of Lewisburg, TN, about 30 mins south of Nashville. I love import cars (Hondas and Acura really) I love riding streetbikes. i have an '07 Gixxer 600 so i cant wait for it to warm up!

I would take it as constructive criticism, apologize, and fix the problem i may have cause. Then not make that dumb mistake again.

I just use my sony vaio laptop. not 100% sure of specs on it. connection speed is 10-12 mb. my latency runs around 80-100 and fps around 35 in raid

for some strange reason it not working me me sorry.

15. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a parsed combat log if available.

the high end on a movement heavy encounter is about 7k i believe. I usually pull around 5k or so on that. As for the low movement fight the high end is around 10k. I do about 6.5-7.5k. but i am constantly doing better and better everytime im in raid.

16. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?

I believe that SPG would be a really great guild for me to be apart of. It seems to be exactly what I am looking for. I would like to thank you for taking the time to look at this app and ill be looking forword to hearing something back. I will be able to transfer servers as soon as i get the word on this forum if i am accepted. thank you

sorry everyone i did not see the top post of the forum

24 (edited by Koorea 2010-02-26 21:23:40)

Hi, please read directions.

EDIT: Too slow sad

/ 人◕ ‿‿ ◕人 \

Elleaart, Draenei Shamn, main spec Enahmce. gear score 5838, resto is just a good jus missong some trinkets.

2. Why do you want to join SPG?
I want to join a stable raiding guild that has a good attitude and gets things done.

I am currently in The Deaprted we put this guild together 2 maybe 3 weeks ago, after our previous guild The Toolbox fell apart when our Gm was gone for a month our officers got wore out and left along with close to 10 core raiders. So atm im sick of explaing things to ppl and having unexperienced officers and a slow Gm...lol

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-feed … n=Elleaart

Yes i can

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee … n=Elleaart

lol Ima female if that counts, i have a great personality!

8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.
I use flasks of endless rage for the Ap, and i use potions of speed, pre pot before fight for the haste!

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from ElitistJerks, etc.
Storm strike, lava lash, earth shock maybe a fire nova to kill time for malestrom, malestrom fireshock maybe a fire nova to kill time for storm strike to be up repeat. Before a pull ill thrw my wolves a potion of speed and shamanistic rage! I am glyphed into fire nova i have read and heard and say my self its the best for ehanc shammy with this patch atm.

No i do not

22 im legal!, Female, i work in a geeen house, i love my job, get to be dirty all day and no one cares!

12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.

13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.
uhg..i pull 7-9k icc fights except for death whisper, and putricide lots of moving around not very melee friendly, trash 9k beyond...
14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?
i kno i skipped some im sorry its late, i kno my toon i promise i jus wanna raid not lead ,i dont wanna tell ppl that hey1 fire hurts man...doh! your gonna tear my toon apart anayways so have at it!