Topic: Ruentes - Boomkin

ruentes wrote:

1. State your character's Name, Race, Class, and Role.
Ruentes, Night Elf, Druid, Balance
2. Why do you want to join SPG?
Ive been looking for a great quality guild that fits my schedule and it so happens that the guild is recruiting for certain caster and moonkin fits in the category.
3. Please list all previous guilds/servers and your reason(s) for leaving each.
I started at Kel'Thuzad and i joined a pvp and casual guid called Project Mayhem.
When Wrath launched., a massive free server transfer was offered and i transfered to Torthildren and i joined a guild called Premonition.
When Ulduar came out, i joined a guild called Stygian, they were ranked #3 Alliance side and #6 Server. Then the guild deteriorate when few core raiders went horde.I remain casual and took a break from raiding until ToC came out.
When Trial of Crusade opened, i joined Dark Entropy a previous ranked #1 Alliance 25m guild then turned to a 10m. Even though they were 10m they were rank #1 on the alliance side beating a 25m guild. I enjoyed raiding with them, we were kinda like a family. They were mature, humorous, and serious, when we we raided we didnt mess around. As the guild's reputation grew,it attracted applicants hence it turned into a 25m when ICC opened. It didnt last long when progression dismayed few raiders, not the core, the raider that just recently joined and GM had enough of it. Afterwards i quit the game 2 weeks after we killed LK on 10m.
Im currently at Lifeless Void just for the guild perks.

4. What is your endgame raiding experience?
BC content- cleared half way of Grul, Kara, SSC, Tempest Keep, Hyjal Summit and Black Temple.
WotlK content - Cleared Naxx 10/25, Sartharion 10/25, Malygos 10/25 with Premonition
                Cleared Ulduar up to General Vezax with Stygian.
While in Dark Entropy, we cleared all Ulduar hardmodes Content and got our drake.Cleared ToC 10r/10h and 25r/25h except we didnt kill anub sad .Cleared 10r ICC and few 10h, cleared up to Sindragosa on ICC 25.
Didnt take a look at Ruby Sanctum and i didnt even know it exist till my first month playing Cataclysm.
It saddens me that i havent cleared/raid on cata except BH, but i have seen few major boss fight on my warrior alt and ive been watching kill/tutorial videos from Tankspots,Midwinter,Paragon,Vodka etc.

5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?
Yes and yes
6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y … tes/simple

7. What, if any, entertainment value do you offer?
Well im funny smile, i know its cheesy and probably ALOT of people said that like but hey i can be smile

8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.
Flask of Draconic Mind - Best flask in the game so far, it increases my intellect which aka mana pool and serves as the major spellpower.
Volcanic Potion - I use this prepull atleast 3 second count down and during burn/heroism phase to maximize damage done.
Mythical Mana Potion - i never used this so far since i never run out of mana and i often give my innervate to healers smile
About food, i can bring Severed Sagefish Head or Fortune Cookie - either one is fine, inreases intellect and stam. But a feast should be a given.

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from

ElitistJerks, etc.

Moonkins offer that 5% haste, spelldamage taken by 8%, armour reduction by 12%, slow and knockback such as Typhoon and Wild Mushroom,silence aka Solar Beam and few Crowd Controls such as Cyclone,Entangling Roots, Hibernate if its a dragon/beast, Combat Ressurection and none the less the innervate.
And about my class,moonkins deals Nature and Arcane damage. Moonkins in cataclysm are more flexible and their eclipse predictable. You never have to worry about a wasted proc when theres a heavy movement around and you have to "get lucky"aka crit (although Tier8 pretty much solve that imo XD) that your wrath or starfire will crit.You can choose and control your eclipse proc whichever you desire. Ive always strive to perpect the druid class, ever since BC, i even sacrifce gold to play feral tank( thank goodness for the duel spec ) which ive been practicing. I have a strong knowledge on feral cat and resto since ive been spec to play those class ever since, and feral kitty is nice smile.
The way i prioritize my stats on gear is hit/spirit->intellect->haste-crit/mastery. Right now im trying to aim for 1s casttime on wrath during a heroism, and when i can achieve that, ill switch to either crit or mastery. Theres been a conflict between critical and mastery, like for me ive experience that having more mastery is a decent dps increase due to the fact that i spent 60%+ of my time dpsing on eclipse state. Critical on the other comes in 2nd, it is RNG and the current tier gear isnt quite enough. Pretty much i reforge crit into a hit, if not capped, haste until i reach that GCD on wrath during heroism phase then switch to mastery but since sooner or later new tiers are coming that will be on dependency.
My gear is slightly undergeared but i believe in skill over gear, ive always depend on my class skill and ofcourse gear helps.
My current glyphs are design to upkeep my damage, Moonfire and Insect Swarm are ALWAYS up, and wrath atm is BiS. I played/experiment with Starsurge glyph on BG's and i find it decent when your dotting more than 3 target due to Shootings Stars and lowers the CD on your starfall. Bosses that requires an immediate attention on adds like most of them , ill most likely use it.My starfall glyphs fit perfectly because after i use all my solar proc, it will be up when my lunar eclipse proc and i ALWAYS use it during lunar and time it with my other trinket/sp proc, but i also use it if theres heavy movement/adds involve due to a quick 1 minute cd. Other certain glyphs i can use aswell if the raid requires it aka Glyph of Rebirth,Thorns,Hurricane,Solar Beam.
The way how i use my CDs are time and matched,i refresh my dots if they need be and its been fixed and they dont overclip. For example, during Lunar proc i wait a few seconds for my trinket either darkmoon/stump or both to proc to maximize the damage on starfall,starfire,moonfire, same goes for Solar proc, i use Treants,sunfire,insect swarm, and mushrooms if heavy movements are involve and can spare a GCD.
My current spec is to maximize my overall spells, even little as 2% counts. I didnt use a point on moonglow because pretty much its a slight for me and I never had mana problems. Solar Beam and Typhoon are mandatory and they're needed on a boss fight/adds/trash but they are handy and its worth a point. I have maxed Gale Wind due to the extra 30% damge on typhoon and hurricane. Ive seen the fight mechanics and looks like Typhoon has alot of uses smile. I have maxed Owlkin Frenzy due to the AoE on most bosses, its good to have that pushback immunity and % damage increase, ever since wrath i always have atleast 1 point on that talent. Any changes if desire from the guild or raid i can do and it wont be a problem.
My rotation has always been and will always be the same in addition to Starsurge.
Moonfire/Sunfire + Insect Swarm,-> Fairie Fire,->starsurge when it procs,-> build up solar or lunar power, i prefer lunar due to starfall, and ALWAYS cast starsurge when it is up wether if its a proc or cast, refresh dot when the designated eclipse proc.
Priorities are my dots Moonfire/Sunfire and Insect Swarm, they need to be up 100%, or its a dps loss.CDs are used during an eclipse proc, BUT i dont just

recklessly use a CD without forseeing the damage it can deal. For example, poping a treants when the boss is about to do a huge aoe, it just kills the treants and its a waste or use starfall when your forced to shift out or you get stunned or impaired. All these things need to be mindful of.

10. Our raiding schedule is 8:15pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?
Yes i can, thats why i choose the guild to apply, it fits my schedule. IF late/absent i will always contact or message way ahead of the raid time.
11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.
My name is Rex male and im from Toronto, Ontario Canada. Im 20 years old and im currently studying and a sophomore in Mechanical Technician. I work as a line cook on the weekend for the $$$$. Im fun to be around on a fun environment, a bit wierd lol, pretty helpful and thoughtful, and mature about stuff, i dont take sarcasm well sad lol im so bad at it, joke around pretty much lol, but thats outside raiding. When it comes to raid i come prepared, im serious and when i raid i raid to win, always eager to learn, I admit my mistakes, if being called out im all ears. I love to progress on games, and raid achievements.
12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.
this is just recently to show of my UI,
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g32 … 220736.jpg

13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.
Right now, im pulling 18k+ on BH, no flask/food/Dark Intent. I did 26k+ on pug halfus with no time warden and bad healers, i mean bad healers i was kept around 20%+ and every cast of either wrath or starfire i have to move around XD.here is a link to a BH i did around february, i havent taken any pic on raids with new current gear and i should have took a pic at halfus kill but i forgot XD. and btw Crusade Aura help that pally's dps wink
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g32 … 215134.jpg

14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?
If you need more info about me if this isnt cutting it, you can whisper Slootbag in game before 9pm server time, thats when he is raiding. Slootbag is currently the offtank in Midwinter, and he was the guild leader in Dark Entropy, and him and other former guildmates are the reason why i came to this server.
I know i lack the knowledge of the current tier but im here to learn and raid, like i said I've watch the tutorial videos and i don't mind on sitting duty.

You've just been Avyxducated.

Re: Ruentes - Boomkin

Your guild history is exceptionally long. This makes me think you are a fair-weather raider. The frequency of your "breaks" also raises red flags. I must commend you though, for having the balls to apply to a heroic guild with zero experience on any Cata content.

By the way, there's no reason for you to be moving around on Halfus if there is no Time Warden, bad healers or not.

Also, log out in your moonkin gear/spec.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5942/stupidty.jpg

Elloren wrote:

Your guild history is exceptionally long. This makes me think you are a fair-weather raider. The frequency of your "breaks" also raises red flags. I must commend you though, for having the balls to apply to a heroic guild with zero experience on any Cata content.

By the way, there's no reason for you to be moving around on Halfus if there is no Time Warden, bad healers or not.

Also, log out in your moonkin gear/spec.

You have a pretty big guild history too you hater. Also applying to a heroic ICC25 guild with 4/12 ICC experience. Sound familiar? =p

@Ruentes

In your current experience/gear, you will most likely be eligible for a bench position as of now. What I can possibly offer you is an invite to the guild and a spot in our "alt" raids when we run them. They are organized to happen at Sunday 8:15-12:00, and we just attempt to kill as many bosses as we can. Last time we did...we did 2/4 BoT and 2/6 BWD...not amazing, but it was filled with alts in greens and people who have never been in Cata raids.

I am not sure if you know Pinface (Pinhead), however if you are at least at his level in being aware, then gear should not be a problem and you would have a future. I just cannot guarentee that I can get you a core spot in our main raid at this moment as everyone has been reliable.

Avyx wrote:

You have a pretty big guild history too you hater. Also applying to a heroic ICC25 guild with 4/12 ICC experience. Sound familiar? =p

BlackSun - doesn't count
Defiant - fags
Dirt Nap Squad - doesn't count
Monolithic - :'( I miss Soul telling people to pull their heads out of their asses
PreEminent - doesn't count
SPG - doesn't co-- oh wait.

On that count you have one more guild than me, Kanada. You Agony fag.

Also, from all those healers that were in app status with me, who remains?

AND I'M SUPER SPECIAL.

I really should start using Helliax's recruitment method! It clearly recruits amazingly talented people. Too bad no more shared cities sad

6 (edited by Elloren 2011-03-28 10:46:14)

That just means you can't recruit Ysera Horde. You can still do it in Stormwind bank.

You can also find random people from other servers and send them in-game recruitment mail. I once got an in-game letter asking me to app to some guild on some backwater server. God knows how they found me.

Sounds great to me ill work on that core spot lol, and i will be looking for Kanada in-game for the invite?

And about the armoury, it should be my moonkin gear/spec active, went healing last night for heroic random.

If you can catch me online, sure.

Couple things I noticed.

Make sure you cast IS before moonfire/sunfire as the first dot you cast will proc nature's grace, but won't get the benefit. Moonfire/sunfire is more powerful, so you want that one to be the second dot.

It may be beneficial to wait recasting dots if you only have 1 (maybe 2) casts before their eclipse. Your dots do a lot more dmg in the eclipse state as I'm sure you know.

Same with starsurge, if the CD comes up and 1 more cast of wrath/starfire puts you in eclipse, wait to cast it.

Lets say you have 90 solar energy, and a wrath is in mid-air (will put you over 100), make sure you cast a starfire first before your dots. If not, the dots will be applied before eclipse actually activates, and you don't get the bonus.

Also, YAY another boomkin!