Topic: Gallianna - Warlock

Gallianna wrote:

1. State your character's Name, Race, Class, and Role.
Gallianna , Human , Warlock , DPS
2. Why do you want to join SPG?
Because my old friend krazl was in this guild and he told me it was a really good progessive guild, now that my guild kidna disbanded im really interested in joining.
3. Please list all previous guilds/servers and your reason(s) for leaving each.
Unleashed - Faction  change to Late night pain Train, Members only (undermine) Disbanded
4. What is your endgame raiding experience?
i got defender of a shattered world title and downed heroic chimareona nd halfus i got glory of the icc raider 10 man and glory of the ulduar raider10 man (got them both at WOTLK no on cataclysm)
5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?
absolutely
6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y … /advanced7. What, if any, entertainment value do you offer?
8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.
Flask of  draconic intellect for more dps and flask of volcano for even mroe intellect! hehe
9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from ElitistJerks, etc.
AS destruction warlock  Intellect(Spell Power) and haste are the most important stats of course after being hit capped, for my talents i put my points on talents where i get more dps overall such as faster imps firebolts and corruption damage also got pts on mana feed so i dont waste global cooldowns that much on Life Tap, rotation for spells are important my rotation is Engneering glove enchant (+intellect) > Soul Burn< soul fire (8+ damage)< immolate> conflrgate>trinekt heart of ignacios (haste for  cast time spells)> chaos bolt> mass incinrate> restart and refresh soulfire
10. Our raiding schedule is 8:15pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?yesssshhh
11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.
im 19 years old im male lol and im a mexican ,  owuld sya im pretty good u at using my class for both pvE and PvP i sometiems top charts DPS and as for pvp im 2400+ experienced so i know how to survive on heroics fights, as for profession if you mean ingame im a engineer/JC lol as for RL im a student of biology lol
12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.
13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.
On unleashed i was in the  top 5 DPS on 25 mans  i  was usually 2nd place cuz i couldnt beat a SP >< but  sadly if i go affliciton which is the spec  i love it does less DPS than destruction.. for my WOL ill link this http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i … etails/10/
14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?
im knwo my class pretty niuuuuce!! =P

You've just been Avyxducated.

Re: Gallianna - Warlock

Fill in the missing section.

http://s1121.photobucket.com/albums/l51 … 144906.jpg
heres the screen shot   and as for the glyphs i actually look up for best raid warlocks like dpsonroids i armory him saw hes glyphs and i gave them a deep thought of why he glyph like that and it works lol

On vacation right now, will take a look when I get back tomorrow.

Are you saying you min/max by copying other players? Also, you aren't hit capped.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5942/stupidty.jpg

I dont actually copy other people on their stuff i mean for example as Destruction warlock there is 4 Prime Glyphs  that are important for DPS Glyph of Incinerate, Glyph of Conflgrate, Glyph of Immolate and glyph of imp. Of course Glyph of Conflrgate is a must but as for the other 3 welll i did some search of which to choose and why so that why i armory and give in a deep thought of those Glyphs, and as for my Hit rating no im not capped but in WoWarmory it says im 15.75% which im not i guess its not counting my rings and some reforged items while ingame im 16.61%  i got the baradin trinket with spell  hit but  i use heart of ignacious make me do more DPS

I am having difficulty determining your choices for your gems;

Your meta gem isn't the most optimal meta gem.
You use one of your JC gems for mastery? Pretty sure pure int > mastery for anybody.
The use of pure color (blue or yellow gems) boggle my mind, wouldn't a purple or orange be way better?
You sometimes use haste here, sometimes use mastery there @.@'

8 (edited by Elloren 2011-04-25 10:54:27)

What Armory says is what you have ingame. The only thing it doesn't count is buffs/debuffs, such as food.

I'm not buying this, "I'm not hit capped cuz I got dis trinket that makes me do moar deeps luls".

P.S. Hybrid gems. They exist. For all casters, Int is king.

ok my mistake should be intellect/critchance meta gem  bought crit/+crit at beginning of patch cuz it was raid time and no other gems at AH and i didn't want to keep threat meta gem  and yeah i got 1 mastery gem because i was like at .35% for 1% damage
yeah of course purple gems but i needed the hit rating with the trinket,  about the trinket if i was to replace it for baradin trinket id  be over hit capped and i would have to reforge stuff back to decrease the big hit capped giving me again mastery and crit rating and gems would be different and i actually try to put on more on haste than on mastery and im pretty sure my armroy sheet hit rating is way different than in ingame i just checked  twice now i would put up a screen shot with my hit rating if ya want

I reforge and regem my gear every time I get a new Spirit/Hit piece. Just saying.

well you know you are right actually i gotta replace that mastery gem for haste/intellect and the haste gemf or haste/intellect and of course the meta gem then put on hit raitng trinket and replace the blue hit gems for intelelct/hit ratign and reforge everything back to proper stats of course i guess i was just used to double dps trinkets but hit rating is important and intellect over that trinket

Here is what I have learned about destruction warlocks after reading on them for 15 minutes:

Int > hit cap, I am sure this is true for all dps casters.

The priority is approximately int > hit cap > haste > crit > mastery.

As a general rule for most dps casters, unless the socket bonus is +20 int or something along those lines, it is usually better to ignore it and just gem int.

What this means for your current gear:
Chest: JC red + veiled
Gloves: brilliant
Belt: 2x brilliant (you are comparing 50 hit and 40 int here, really should be no contest)
Pants: brilliant + reckless
Boots: briliant (comparing 20 int with 10 hit and 20 haste)

Also I believe you can enchant your gloves still even with an Engineering tinker.

Take a look at our other warlock app:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y … d/advanced

He appears to have a solid understanding of his class.

13 (edited by bebum 2011-04-25 11:45:13)

tongue

Elloren wrote:

I reforge and regem my gear every time I get a new Spirit/Hit piece. Just saying.

This.  Reforging was put into the game to be able to do this.  Hit trinkets are awesome because there is not much hit in the tier gear for us.  Reforge your other gear to your closest haste threshold you can reach for the immolate ticks then to crit>mastery, until you can reach the next threshold in which you will need to reforge/regem again.

okay i understand and after seeing pinhead warlock sheet i can see that yeah socket bonuses should be only important when they give intellect and yeah my boots gem should be straight intellect and yeah t i gotaa defintely change my trinket with the hit rating so i can fix my gems .
MY gloves do  have the enchant of tinker i always  chant with engineer stuff.

What I mean is you can have a standard engineering tinker along with the normal enchant (haste) on top.

I hope this has been educational.

We are going to pass on this application at this time. I wish you luck in your search for a guild.