Topic: Aloris - Holy/Shadow Priest

Aloris wrote:

1. State your character's Name, Race, Class, and Role.
Aloris, NE Priest. Main spec Holy, Offspec Shadow.

2. Why do you want to join SPG?
I would like to join because I have been playing this game since vanilla and my favorite thing to do has always been Raiding. I know that this guild also loves to raid and I feel like I would fit in pretty well. Also, I would love to see more end-game content than previous guilds I have been in because of the lack of progression they have done.

3. Please list all previous guilds/servers and your reason(s) for leaving each.
Riders of Gilead - Ysera. Left to join my brothers guild with him.
Vendetta - Left first because we merged with the following guild..
After Thoughts - Left with the old Vendetta people to go back to it with our original people.
Vendetta (round 2) - Currently with them, would leave to progress further in content.
All in Ysera.

4. What is your endgame raiding experience?
Cata - I know all bosses in BWD except Nef. I know all bosses in BoT except Cho'Gall. And I attempted Al'Akir once on normal difficulty but we failed miserably. (have done Conclave though)
I haven't downed Ascendant Council, but I know the fight.
And of course I know BH!

5. Are you able to use Ventrilo to communicate during raids--as well as any other addon we require?
Absolutely.

6. Please post a link to your Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com) profile.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/y … ris/simple

7. What, if any, entertainment value do you offer?
I have a very witty sense of humor. I always jump in on random jokes and pipe in.

8. List the consumables you use for encounters and a brief explanation as to why you use them.
Severed Sagefish Head - Int gives me more spell power.
Flask of the Draconic Mind - Int gives me more spell power.

9. Explain what you perceive your character's role in endgame content to be.  Explain how your current gear, glyph, and talent choices mesh with performing that role, and any ways in which you are still working on improving your character.  For healers, use this section to describe your personal "healing style": which spells you favor, and why.  For DPSers or tanks, lay out the DPS or threat-generation rotations you employ, and explain, in detail, why each ability is used and why it's in that particular order. For example, if your rotation is Dot1-->Dot2-->CastTime Spell, explain why the Dots are put up first; what happens if they aren't? Don't skimp on this answer, show me you know what you're talking about, and that you didn't just regurgitate information from ElitistJerks, etc.
Healing - I am a Holy Priest, so I first make sure I have chakra serenity up because I mainly raid heal. For starters I put a PoM on the pulling tank, and sometimes even a renew right before the pull. I also make sure my lightwell is up every time its off CD. If single targets are taking damage instead of raid wide damage, I will use Heal on them (greater if its massive damage). If more than three people take damage, I use Circle of Healing and either heal or PoH. I always make sure that PoM is cast whenever off of CD. For fights like Magmaw during lava spit, I use CoH first and then PoH and PoM if its off CD. I pop my shadowfiend when Hero/Time warp is cast to maximize the amount of mana I regenerate. I love my mastery as it adds an extra HOT whenever I heal - usually around 13-15% of my overall healing. I pop my Guardian Spirit on the tank (usually) if I see him going down rapidly or at very low health.
If tank healing (for dungeons and such) - I am in Chakra Serenity the whole time. I keep a renew on the tank, use heal mostly unless massive damage is going then Greater heal. If necessary Flash heal too. Also use Holy Word Serenity before casting Greater Heal for extra crit chance. Still use CoH whenever needed and always use PoM when off CD. PoH if necessary and Guardian Spirit if necessary too.
Shadow - I start off by casting VT, DP, SWP. I then MF until I get 3 orbs, pop Archangel, and MB. I keep using MF until I notice I have 2-3 sec left on a DoT, at which point I refresh it. When below 25% boss health, I use SWD whenever off CD, and depending on how much mana I have I will use DP at around 10-15% boss health left because it usually does more damage then MF. Shadowfiend during the beginning after we get going for a bit, and then again when it's off CD.

10. Our raiding schedule is 9:00pm-12:00am EDT (server time, basically), Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.  Do you have any conflicts with this schedule (i.e., can you be there every night)?
I have no conflicts with that raiding schedule, sounds good to me.

11. Tell us about yourself.  Include age, gender, profession... but don't stop there.
19, 20 in August. Male college student double majoring in Mathematics and Computer Science. I run track for the college, started off as a hurdler and moved to a decathlete. I also do intramural sports such as Football and Basketball. Currently I have an internship for the summer as a Software Quality Engineer.

12. Please post a screenshot of your UI during an active raid encounter or inside a battleground once it has started. You can use http://www.photobucket.com/ to host your image.
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 … 202902.jpg
Dungeon - same UI as a raid except boss health on left side of screen as well as top (Shadowed unit frames). If you need a raid I'll get you one as soon as possible.

13. If you are applying as a dps or a tank, what is the top-end dps/tps for your class and spec on a (non-gimmick) movement-heavy encounter? Low-movement encounter? How far away from this number are you, and why? Post a WoL/WWS/etc link if available.
(For Shadow, I'll answer)
Top end for heavy encounter would be roughly 20-23k dps. Top end for Low-movement encounter would be 23-25k dps.
Currently at a low-movement encounter I have topped out at 19k dps. This may be because not all my gear is for shadow, and I use a lot of my healing gear as gear in shadow (but I am hit-capped).

14. Is there anything else you feel we should know that is relevant to your application?
I love to raid and have fun. I love trying new things and doing old raids as well. I believe I am a better healer then I am a DPSer, but the decision is yours - I love to do both.
I have talked with Real (don't know alt codes) and PixieKilla about applying - even though I may not be a core raider I wouldn't mind being on second group or anything.
Anything else just ask smile Thanks!

You've just been Avyxducated.

Re: Aloris - Holy/Shadow Priest

Just a couple things to note about your spec:

Why State of Mind? Those points are probably more useful in Blessed Resilience.
Never been a fan of SoR as it kinda implies you are thinking you might die =p

Why do you use Chakra: Serenity over Chakra: Sanctuary for raid healing?

You've just been Avyxducated.

Re: Aloris - Holy/Shadow Priest

What are your DPS numbers for fights with multiple targets? eg. ODS, Theralion and Valiona, Halfus.

You need to work on your Therazane rep. Like, yesterday. Would also do you good to buy some BoE boots (I'm selling, if you don't have enough VP).

Why do you have a mastery/spirit gem?

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5942/stupidty.jpg